As you know, we had to do "surgery" on our lapghan, because part of it were drawing in too tight. I removed the sections that were too tight (they were cabled), and sent the bottom half of our lapghan to the original knitter of one of those sections.
She was glad to re-knit her section, and I'm so pleased with her new work!
Here's how our lapghan looked BEFORE I removed the sections that were too tight.
I'm looking forward to seeing the two sections reconnected with the new knitting.
Here they are, sitting together, ready to be reunited. Kinda feels like a wedding. :P
Now, I'm working on the top section, adding more knitting. Our lapghan is too large to mail now, because shipping is just too expensive. So far, I've done 4 sections.
The first section I did was the green basketweave - I did that with Caron Simply Soft in Sage.
The next section was knit with 8 different yarns. Those yarns were just tiny balls of leftover yarn in a basket by my knitting chair. I just knit two rows of each color.
The section after that is all stockinette, using Red Heart Kids yarn. I just love how soft and comfy that yarn is! :)
Now, I'm finishing up a white section using I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. So soft and squishable. I'm doing a design called "Tile Stitch" with that yarn. When I finish the white section, I'll measure the lapghan, and decide if it's long enough yet.
I'll be so glad when the knitting is complete on this lapghan, so it can go to the Battered Women's Shelter. :)